Home | News | Helena | Structure Fire on Wilder Avenue

Structure Fire on Wilder Avenue

By
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

Fire officials say a wood stove issue caused a structure fire today on Wilder Avenue in Helena.

Helena Fire Department Assistant Chief Sean Logan says firefighters received the call just after noon.  Crews reported an active fire in a 2 bay garage, used as Windbigler Cabinetry Shop.

Officials say the stove caught some storage boxes on fire.  Logan says there was some trouble setting up extra water supply but crews were successful in putting the fire out. 

Logan says, "Battalion chief, or the officer in charge here indicated that he had heavy smoke and flames started to come out of the doorways and they pretty quickly got it knocked down." 

Officials estimate the damages of the shop are close to $85,000.

 

Story by Jill Jagelski, Beartooth NBC.
Copyright ©2012 Beartooth Communications Company. All Rights Reserved.

 

 

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (0 posted)

total: | displaying:

Post your comment

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Quote

Please enter the code you see in the image:

Captcha

  • Email to a friend Email to a friend
  • Print version Print version
  • Plain text Plain text

Tagged as:

Helena Fire Department, Sean Logan, Wilder Avenue, Windbigler Cabinetry

Rate this article

0
Powered by Vivvo CMS v4.6