Sheriff deputy helps save family from fire
GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) -- A corporal with the Cascade County sheriff's office
and a friend helped save a Cascade-area family from a house fire as they returned
from a day of fishing on the Missouri River.
The Great Falls Tribune reports Cpl. Jay Groskreutz and Adam Kutzler were on their
way back to Great Falls Saturday when they spotted flames shotting out of the
chimney of a house off Old U.S. Highway 91 outside of Cascade.
The men knocked on the door and a young boy answered, followed by his mom and
sister. They did not know the house was on fire.
Groskreutz contact dispatchers and Kutzler hooked up a garden hose. Groskreutz
then hopped up on the roof to spray water on the chimney until firefighters
No one was hurt.